April is Financial Literacy month – that’s a good thing, but one month devoted to focusing on your money is not nearly enough time for most people. If you have financial problems, you are not alone. Two-thirds of Americans are stressed over money and almost half have trouble paying their monthly bills.
This is not a good situation because unstable financial circumstances are a major source of stress, and stress is harmful physically and emotionally as well as financially. Reducing financial problems is a great stress reliever and Financial Literacy month is a great time to get started doing so.
To help get you get excited and talking about their money during Financial Literacy Month, we are hosting a free giveaway each week that encourages you to get involved, get connected, and participate.
- Each week of this month we will blog about an important money topic, including an exercise, discussion topic, and giveaway.
- Your participation in the discussion topic will be rewarded! We will select one person at random each week to receive free entry into the My Money Myself Program.
- A total of four program entries will be given away in April.
- Each week’s winner will be randomly chosen from all entries and announced via social media Monday mornings and contacted via email. Follow the instructions in the giveaway widget to earn extra entries to increase your chances of winning.
Giveaway & Lesson Schedule
Each week of this month we will blog about an important money topic, including an exercise, discussion topic, and giveaway. Participate each week!
- Week 1: Tell Your Money What You Want It to Do for You
- Week 2: to be announced on Monday, April 11th
- Week 3: to be announced on Monday, April 18th
- Week 4: to be announced on Monday, April 25th
Written By Reeta Wolfsohn, CMSW
Our authors want to hear from you! Click to leave a comment