Matters of national security are important, but an extramarital affair that “might” have been a matter of national security just doesn’t seem to justify the coverage it is getting. I believe that the national security issue is just an excuse for voyeurism, what gets people going is a good scandal. I get a kick when a public figure is lambasted for doing something that millions of people do everyday, and I have no idea why we think that our leaders should be less human than the rest of us. Until the “mights” turn into truths, SJS is going to ignore General Petreus’ foul doings. I thought it would be a nice thing to share what I think is important on November 14th, 2012 in America.
- “The wealthiest 1 percent of families owns roughly 35% of the nation’s net worth, the top 10% of families owns over 71%, the top 20% owns about 85%, and the bottom 40% of the population owns way less than 1%. As with the case of income, the evidence suggests an increase in inequality over time.”
- In 2011, 46.2 million people (15.0 percent) were in poverty, this includes 16 million children
- 8% of American’s are unemployed, this is only the percentage looking for jobs, the number is likely higher.
- 1% of the world’s population own 40% of the wealth. This is the Entire World. It makes the Roman Empire look like a Lego construction.
- 22.5 million people are living with HIV/AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- The Fiscal Cliff is coming.
- The two major parties in America cannot govern the country together.
- American corporations use legal tax holes to not pay taxes, and then outsource labor to lower their overhead.
- Super PACs allow corporations to influence the political process in a way that should be illegal.
I think that should do for today. Don’t be fooled by the media, keep your eye on the ball.
Our authors want to hear from you! Click to leave a comment